Welcome to your first year at Doerre Intermediate School!
Mrs. McGarrett’s Pre-AP English Contract
• Keep an organized and complete binder for English.
• Maintain an agenda to keep up with due dates for homework, essays, and extended projects.
• Ask for work IN ADVANCE when you know you will miss English.
• Help keep your child organized for this class and others by checking your child’s agenda and the website. My website is updated daily with class information. Website: classroom.kleinisd.net/webs/hmcgarrett/
• Establish a Parent Connection account to be able to monitor your child’s daily progress.
• Contact the teacher with concerns or questions about your child’s progress.
• Encourage your child to do his/her best while keeping in mind that this course is challenging.
• Be responsible!
• Be respectful!
• Give your best effort!
• Daily work = 30%
• Tests, essays, projects = 60 %
• Homework = 10%
Late Work Policy:
• One day late 10 point deduction
• Two days late 20 point deduction
• Three days late 30 point deduction
Spelling Homework and Daily Grades
• Turn in one day late for a 50
Vocabulary Workshop Quizzes
• Flash cards must be created for each of the 20 words to be eligible for a retake. Retake dates will be written both on the website and on the board in class. These dates are non-negotiable unless students are absent, family emergency, etc. It is the student’s responsibility to establish a new retake date.
• Cards must be brought on the day of the retake and shall include:
Definition of word
Part(s) of speech
• No retake for weekly spelling tests will be offered in Pre-AP ELA
• Mead Composition book - no spirals!
• Packed pencil bag (pencils, pens, scissors, glue, map pencils, and pencil sharpener)
• Binder with ample notebook paper
• Pocket & brad folder
• Index cards
Parent Signature: _______________________________________
Thank you for letting me be a part of your lives for this school year!