Science 7 Rules, Procedures, Grades, and Supplies
1. Please observe all district and school rules in the classroom.
2. Please be in your assigned seat before the tardy bell rings. Remain seated unless otherwise instructed or dismissed by the teacher.
3. Please do not talk after the bell.
4. Please respect your classroom, classmates, and teacher.
5. Please do not bring food (candy, gum, drinks, etc.) into the classroom.
1. Please bring your own supplies to class everyday. (See * items in supply list). Borrowing is not allowed.
2. Please go to your locker and use the rest room before the bell.
3. Please write down homework assignments immediately after the bell rings.
4. Please feel free to ask questions and do not hesitate to ask for help.
5. Please follow all lab safety rules. Do not go into the lab or touch lab equipment until instructed to do so by teacher. Failure to follow all instructions during lab will result in disciplinary action, removal from lab, and an alternative assignment.
6. Late Work:
Daily work accepted up to 3 days past the due date with a 20 point deduction
Major grades accepted up to 3 days late (-10 the first day, -20 the second day, -30 the third day)
Spelling errors: -1 point for each error (not to exceed 5 points)
7. Make-up work due to absence from class:
Please check the website and/or copy assignments from the Make-up Binder. Collect materials needed from the Make-up File.
You are allowed the same number of days you were absent to complete make-up work
8. Tests and quizzes missed due to absence will be taken before or after school.
9. SCIENCE TEST DAYS: Monday and Wednesday
Major Grades: 60% Daily Grades: 30% Homework: 10%
A 90 – 100 E – excellent
B 80 – 89 S - satisfactory
C 75 – 79 N – needs improvement
D 70 – 74 P - poor
F 0 – 69 U – unsatisfactory
*Folder or binder
*Pens (black/blue and red)
(just a suggestion: an inexpensive calculator to use for labs)
e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: 832-249-5758
Parents: Please check Parent Connect on a regular basis to track your child’s progress in science. The counselors can assist you if you need help with getting logged on.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me during my conference period from 10:53-11:42, or at your convenience.