2012 - 2013 EPPS ISLAND ELEMENTARY
By a majority vote of the parent population, Epps Island adopted a standardized dress policy FOR ALL STUDENTS. Our dress policy is as follows:
All clothing must not have any logos, designs, stripes,
decorative stitching, embroidery, inserts or tabs
TOPS SHOULD BE:
• SOLID COLORS – RED, WHITE, BLUE (light or dark navy) ONLY
• POLO-STYLE - which is a shirt with a collar and has a three/four button front closure. (long or short sleeved)
• DRESS SHIRTS (long or short sleeved)
• Tucked in at all times
• SCHOOL SPIRIT SHIRT MAY BE WORN ON FRIDAY ONLY
NOTE: TURTLE-NECK SHIRTS – must be worn UNDER the uniform shirt and must be of SOLID uniform color- red, white, blue or navy
TOPS SHOULD NOT:
• Have a ZIPPER
• Be a T-SHIRT STYLE
• Have a hood.
BOTTOMS SHOULD BE:
• SOLID COLORS – KHAKI (light tan), NAVY BLUE,
• FOR BOYS –SLACKS OR SHORTS (mid_thigh)
• FOR GIRLS – SLACKS, SHORTS (mid thigh), SKIRTS, SKORTS or JUMPERS
• SECURED WITH A BELT
• Made primarily of cotton.
Leggins may be worn under the school uniform and must be of SOLID uniform color – red, white, blue or navy.
BOTTOMS SHOULD NOT:
BE THE COLOR OR STYLE OF JEANS –JEANS ARE NOT ALLOWED
Jean style clothing has metal rivets & buttons (some actually have the word “jean”
printed on them), double stitching on the seams and pockets, and/or of denim material.
• Be KNIT, STRETCH, SPANDEX or NYLON MATERIAL
• Be styled like ATHLETIC-WEAR such as SWEATPANTS, WARM-UPS, JOGGING SUITS OR WINDSUITS.
• OVERLY BAGGY OR LOOSE
** “BLUE” Jeans may be worn ONLY on Fridays with the
School Spirit Shirt_or with a Uniform Shirt**
Sweaters or Pullovers may be worn INSIDE the building and must:
• be a SOLID one color –red, white, blue or navy
• have no designs or logos
• BE WORN OVER THE UNIFORM SHIRT
Jackets and Coats are to be worn OUTSIDE the building and may be of any style or color.
Shoes of any style/color may be worn. Except shower type shoes and those with rollers/wheels on them may not be worn. Shoes should be suitable for activity at P.E. and recess.
Reminder: Any hair style or color that is distracting or disturbing will not be permitted on school property. Designs and insignias cannot be cut in the hair.
Students who do not comply with the Board-adopted dress code policy will be subject to the consequences of a Level I offense as stated in the Klein Student Handbook. On the first offense, the student will take home a written note. On successive offenses, parents will be notified and requested to bring the appropriate apparel to school or to pick up the student. Level I offenses cannot be appealed beyond the campus principal.
If for some reason, inappropriate clothing goes unnoticed, please do not assume that the item of clothing is acceptable. Please try to PLAN AHEAD so that your child(ren) will have properly fitting clothes to wear the entire year.